Module 4 (Optional) - Stress reduction exercises
Module 5 (Optional) - Turning knowledge into habit
Appendix – Using the address stress app to do your 14-day program.
Technology to the rescue! Let the Address Stress app guide you through your 14-Day Program.
1. Download the app (If you haven’t already done so).
- Go to either the Apple App Store or the Google PlayTM Store and search for “Address Stress”.
- Download the free app then upgrade the app to unlock access to the 14-Day Program. Simply press the Upgrade tab and enter your valid email address and the Address Stress serial number listed below.
If you are having difficulty with this, please refer to the detailed instructions in module 5.
Your Serial Number is: cphas2agen15
2. Set up your program.
- Select the 14-Day Program option on the Main Menu
- Choose the Set Up New Program option
- Progress through the two instructions pages
3. Select your program level.
- There are three different programs available: BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE and EXPERIENCED.
4. Choose your breath rate.
- The relaxation exercises in each program include a period of guided breathing.
- Everyone breathes a little differently, so you can choose from three different breath rates for your comfort.
Steady: Guided breathing rate between 8-9 breaths per minute
Moderate: Guided breathing rate between 6-8 breaths per minute
Slow: Guided breathing rate between 5-7 breaths per minute
- The app will guide you to slow your breathing slightly over the course of the exercise, so it’s important that you choose a breath rate you are comfortable with to start.
- Most people choose to start with the green ‘Moderate’ level.
- If the Breath Rate you chose doesn’t feel right, you can change it at anytime via the Options button.
5. Choose a buddy
- The app offers you the option of choosing a buddy to monitor your progress. Recommended for best results!
6. Choose your start date.
7. Today’s Exercises.
- Every morning the app will list all your exercises for the day, and suggested times to do them, on one convenient screen.
- The Edit Exercise Times button allows you to adjust these times to suit, but only once the program has commenced.
- The app will remind you to do each exercise at the listed time.
- Your only limitation is that the exercise must be done at the appropriate time of day (i.e, morning, afternoon, evening).
- Many devices will allow you to customise the way you are notified. Please refer to the manual for your device if you wish to change the default notification settings.
- Exercises highlighted in white are available to do now.
- Simply push the green Go button to do the exercise.
- If the exercise is not highlighted in white, it means you have either done it already, missed it, or it is only available to do later in the day.
- This ‘status’ is shown at the right edge of the screen.
- If you need to make any changes to your program, you may do so through the Options button.
8. My Progress Page.
- You can track your progression through the program on the My Progress screen.
- This can be accessed using the Progress button.
- A green ‘check’ represents the exercises that you have completed each day.
- A white cross represents the exercises you have missed.
Look for this symbol throughout the app for help or further explanation.
You’re ready to go! You are now in possession of the ‘3-Pillars’ of knowledge to help you access the Power of Calm.
- You are able to recognise the symptoms of stress.
- You know to be conscious of what triggers your stress.
- You know to be aware of those times when your stress is hindering, rather than helping you.
- You have downloaded an effective set of exercises that can help you release your stress.
- The exercises can help you calm your stress when it arises, and better still, prevent stress from arising in the first place.
- You have access to ten basic strategies to help minimise your exposure to stress.
- Make time for the things that add balance to your life, for example, or be conscious of behaviours or thought patterns that cause simple challenges to be mistaken for threats to your wellbeing.
For your convenience, here is the link again where you can download a copy of the daily ‘3-Pillar’ checklist. Simply complete a checklist each day and do your allocated exercises via the app and you’re on your way!
We hope the next two weeks give you an enjoyable introduction to the profound benefits of bringing the Power of Calm into your daily life.