The Power of Calm - Practical Module (Optional)
Skills and Strategies for Effective Stress Reduction.Enroll to take the course
Or Login - Top Right
Technology to the rescue! Let the Address Stress app guide you through your 14-Day Program.
1. Download the app (If you haven’t already done so).
- Go to either the Apple App Store or the Google PlayTM Store and search for “Address Stress”.
- Download the free app then upgrade the app to unlock access to the 14-Day Program. Simply press the Upgrade tab and enter your valid email address and the Address Stress serial number listed below.
If you are having difficulty with this, please refer to the detailed instructions in module 5.
Your Serial Number is: cphas2agen15
2. Set up your program.
- Select the 14-Day Program option on the Main Menu
- Choose the Set Up New Program option
- Progress through the two instructions pages
3. Select your program level.
- There are three different programs available: BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE and EXPERIENCED.
4. Choose your breath rate.
- The relaxation exercises in each program include a period of guided breathing.
- Everyone breathes a little differently, so you can choose from three different breath rates for your comfort.
Steady: Guided breathing rate between 8-9 breaths per minute
Moderate: Guided breathing rate between 6-8 breaths per minute
Slow: Guided breathing rate between 5-7 breaths per minute
- The app will guide you to slow your breathing slightly over the course of the exercise, so it’s important that you choose a breath rate you are comfortable with to start.
- Most people choose to start with the green ‘Moderate’ level.
- If the Breath Rate you chose doesn’t feel right, you can change it at anytime via the Options button.
5. Choose a buddy
- The app offers you the option of choosing a buddy to monitor your progress. Recommended for best results!
6. Choose your start date.
7. Today’s Exercises.
- Every morning the app will list all your exercises for the day, and suggested times to do them, on one convenient screen.
- The Edit Exercise Times button allows you to adjust these times to suit, but only once the program has commenced.
- The app will remind you to do each exercise at the listed time.
- Your only limitation is that the exercise must be done at the appropriate time of day (i.e, morning, afternoon, evening).
- Many devices will allow you to customise the way you are notified. Please refer to the manual for your device if you wish to change the default notification settings.
- Exercises highlighted in white are available to do now.
- Simply push the green Go button to do the exercise.
- If the exercise is not highlighted in white, it means you have either done it already, missed it, or it is only available to do later in the day.
- This ‘status’ is shown at the right edge of the screen.
- If you need to make any changes to your program, you may do so through the Options button.
8. My Progress Page.
- You can track your progression through the program on the My Progress screen.
- This can be accessed using the Progress button.
- A green ‘check’ represents the exercises that you have completed each day.
- A white cross represents the exercises you have missed.
Look for this symbol throughout the app for help or further explanation.
You’re ready to go! You are now in possession of the ‘3-Pillars’ of knowledge to help you access the Power of Calm.
- You are able to recognise the symptoms of stress.
- You know to be conscious of what triggers your stress.
- You know to be aware of those times when your stress is hindering, rather than helping you.
- You have downloaded an effective set of exercises that can help you release your stress.
- The exercises can help you calm your stress when it arises, and better still, prevent stress from arising in the first place.
- You have access to ten basic strategies to help minimise your exposure to stress.
- Make time for the things that add balance to your life, for example, or be conscious of behaviours or thought patterns that cause simple challenges to be mistaken for threats to your wellbeing.
For your convenience, here is the link again where you can download a copy of the daily ‘3-Pillar’ checklist. Simply complete a checklist each day and do your allocated exercises via the app and you’re on your way!
We hope the next two weeks give you an enjoyable introduction to the profound benefits of bringing the Power of Calm into your daily life.
The Power of Calm
The Power of Calm E-course is designed to change the way you think about stress and equip you with the perspectives and skills to identify when it is acting as a barrier to health, wellbeing and performance outcomes.
The course will help you better understand:
- The physiology of the stress response and its symptoms.
- The link between stress and many common health and performance issues.
- The simple science behind effective stress reduction protocols.
This course is designed to educate health & fitness practitioners, teachers, coaches and individuals looking to better understand how stress can affect health and performance outcomes for both yourselves and those in your care.
“The power of calm is an excellent program. It is a well designed, easily accessible tool for stress management. I use it personally and recommend it to my patients.”
“…Changing the way you think about and deal with stress can be life changing. The Power of Calm module is an invaluable resource towards achieving this goal.”
Professor Emeritus – Biological Sciences. Dr. Brady has dedicated much of his distinguished academic career to the area of biological sciences. He spent thirty-eight years as a professor at the Arizona State University where he served as the founding chair of the Department of Applied Biological Sciences.
“As a driven entrepreneur, CEO, and coach to many successful health and fitness business owners across the world… I see the negative affects of stress taking their toll on too many every single day. That’s why I’m in full support of the Power of Calm program. It will give you strategies and education to perform at your best for yourself and others. If you’re in the health and fitness industry and not using this module for yourself or your clients yet, don’t delay. Get on it!”
Sean Greeley – CEO NPE
PROUD TO HAVE WORKED WITH
Our work with the organisations above does not constitute an endorsement
Module 4 (Optional) - Stress reduction exercises
Module 5 (Optional) - Turning knowledge into habit